Sunday, July 10, 2016

My childhood clock memory

My childhood's clock

I was born in one remote village in Nepal. None had finished school level at that school till that time. Hardly, people wear the watch. But they still know the time. I always used to surprise with their guessing. when i memorized these thing now, I can't think how smart they are.

How do they know when to wake up? they used to follow two ways to know its time to wake up. Normally mountain life used to start very early at that time like 4-5 am. First one is when Rooster (cock) crowed in morning, it means it used to be time for wake up. Second one is stars. Most of people knows when it gonna be morning, this kind of stars will be in this direction. Sometimes Rooster crowed in mid night and if they have doubt they use to see in sky and check the stars position. These days i am thinking why clock is called clock? Everybody morning used to start with Cock's crowed, So  later when clock is invented it's called clock. it seemed like just modified form cock to clock.

When sun up with golden shine from hill, We all think it's morning. it's the normally life. people use to guess what time is it now by the shadow of tree. when sun moves around, shadow also move around. Tree use to be like a needle of the clock. what a smart way they had. when i memorized it these days, I think we are no more human,We are already machine. it's just 30 years time. These things happen. What gonna happen next 30 years. Maybe all work done by machine or robot.

When the shadow's move around the tree or sunshine goes up to the house, My parents or grandparents knows it's time for school in morning and evening same, they check the shadow's and know when i will back from school. If some members went out from home, if they didn't come home on time, they used to see the starry night and know guess the time. When i remind these things now, it gives  me utmost happiness and peace. I am so proud of ancestor.

When i go trekking now
sun comes with shadow in morning
i see the shadows
i missed my childhood in mountain

When i go trekking now
sun moves with shadow in afternoon
i see the shadows
i missed my school life in mountain

when i go trekking now
sun goes with dark shadow in evening
i see the shadows
i missed my home yard in mountain

When i go trekking now
stars cover all the sky at night
stars moves around at night
i missed the echo of my family in mountain

When i go trekking now
moon comes and move around at night
stars slightly dimmed and disappear
i missed the echo of my childhood

#nepal #Trek #adventure #Life
#childhood #memories #Sweet #memory
#start #YOURlife

No comments:

Post a Comment