Thursday, March 10, 2016

poonhill junkie

Poon Hill Junkie :
It was a end of January 2016. I was trekking to Annapurna poon hill trek. Day second of poon hill trek i saw one guy on the trail. He was carry a big bag and trekking alone. I met him a couple of time that day on the way. Each and every meet he sent greeting to us. He just said Namste and keep rushing. He looked in rush. He walk really fast and disappear from my sight is while. it happened a couple of time at that day.

I again caught him in one small tea shop he was having a garlic soup. We stop there for a tea break too. we had short chat there. i asked his name. He told me that his name is Stefan, he is from Germany but loving in Peru. he mentioned me that he doesn't like to sleep in room. He liked to sleep in tent with peace and happy. so he had been carrying one tent with him. His soup break and our tea break finished at the same time. he checked his bill and run quickly like the tiger in jungle.

We reach in Ghorepani 2860m in afternoon and order the lunch and just having  tea in restaurant. He appear again there in my sight. I thought he already in poon hill. He looked in rush every time i met. He came inside. I asked him, i thought you already in poon hill top. I was just kidding too him.  He smiled and say I will go later just before evening. i told him it's better for you to eat early dinner and go to top. then you won't be died by hunger. He didn't say any just smiled and turned his head to hotel Boss and ask about cigarette. Do you sell  cigarette? yes but only whole pack.  then he again went out to find cigarette.

He backed again in while. He ordered his lunch and eat the meal and headed to poonhill for camping. I just said have a good time with Annapurna and Dhaulagirl.  Don't talk too much with Moon and stars. Mountains will get mad. he smiled and left the poon Hill.

Next morning we meet in poon hill. There were not lots foreigner trekkers but still got plenty of Nepali trekkers. We meet and greet.  Some stars were still shining in sky. mountains are getting more brighter. Golden sun gonna show up soon. Coloring the mountains with golden rays. printing the golden memories in our sight.

I just kept standing and talking with him. I can see that many people's were talking pictures of his tent. Indeed his tent become a good model. I think not only be model but also become the celebrity. Lot's people go around and talk pictures with his tent. All talking about his tent. how did he sleep in such a cold weather just in tent so on. i listened lots like this. I decided to take his pictures and his tent's pictures. it can be a good post. After a a couple of week i found the Title is Poon Hill Junkie. How do you feel the title.

No comments:

Post a Comment