Saturday, December 1, 2018

That time to this time

I am 81 years now. I went kathmandu first time when I was 15/16 years old.  That time I walk to kathmandu. It took me 7 days to reach kathmandu. A young and energetic boy with unlimited desire and dream. Everytime I go kathmandu, I carrid some dreams and when I back to my village, I did have some dreams too.   I did carry some thing to kathmandu and similarly back from kathmandu. I just think it was like yesterday.

Kathmandu was not like now. It was quiet and pleasant place. There was only few jeeps on the road. Thats for king and royal family. Even we need to walk from new road to Bouddhanath. We have to walk together with friends. There was jungle in middle and farm lands. We only could see few houses on the way. If we were not in groups, we afraid to be robbed. There was one school near tundikhel. I don't know the name. General people were only allowed to study grade five. There was Rana,s autocracy. They think if people educated, people could revolt. So that they only allowed for five grade.

There was no cement. I didn't know what is cement at that time. Our home normally made by stone walls and wooden roof or sometime we just covered with bamboo,s mat. Our life was so simple. We really had nothing. We had seen nothing. We know nothing. We expect nothing too. Just move to farm,s one corner to another or see and look after the animal. Our dreams was food. Its so dry in mountains. It used to have very less rainfall. We lived in joint family. Every night jumped to dream counting the stars. Every morning waked up with sun lights. There was no eletricity. There was only sun , moon , stars. There was no watches, there were only shadow,s of sun and moon and motion of stars.

We have some festivals. Its the time to be/Feel happy. All generation meet and share the greeting. Boys and girls crashed their sights. Boys winked the eyes and  girls used to feel shy and covered their face by their shawls. We had very limited clothes. We hardly had chanced to go kathmandu. And another thing we hardly can afford to buy for whole family. So we made the wool from yak or sheep,s hair and wave whatever we needed. Life was so independent at that time. We had what we needed for life.

We had hope for life
we had dreams for life
We never afraid with life
so we continued the life

That time to this time
That village to this village
That kathmandu to this kathmandu
That generation to this generation

That time I walked 7 days to kathmandu
Now I took bus only 7 hours to kathmandu
I slept under the bamboo roof counting the stars
Now I live under the zink roof with private room

The changes I see is really amazing
There is no words to describe this
I always used to think and imagine
What a changes I saw, how it gonna possible?

Same sun shine in my yard
Same moon roam in my wall
Same shadows reminds my past
different roof covers the stars lights

I am standing on the verge
Just like sun behind the mountain to set
7 days journey down to 7 hours In my llife
stop counting the dreams, start living in dream

#Nepal #langtangTrek
#pureuDiot

No comments:

Post a Comment